DropLabs is based in Echo Park, Los Angeles, and we’re here to change your relationship with the energy of sound.
DropLabs is seeking an acoustic engineer, focused on transducer design and engineering, for work on our innovative consumer electronics products. We are seeking someone who can not only design traditional moving coil audio transducers, but is also inventive enough to work on more unusual transduction approaches, as we explore the next generation technologies that enable a whole new class of products to be developed. You’ll do detailed concept designs through computer-aided engineering, engage in the hands-on work to develop and characterize prototypes, and work with our manufacturing partners as we move the products into production. You’ll be working with a cross-functional team of firmware, electrical, software, and acoustic DSP engineers working together in our Los Angeles (Echo Park) office…and with industry leaders in audio.
- Design transducer concepts on paper, using Matlab and COMSOL.
- Develop component drawings that can be shared with our manufacturing partners, using Solidworks or equivalent.
- Explore tradeoffs in performance, cost, and manufacturability.
- Measure component performance, using AP and Soundcheck.
- Support our manufacturing partners on-site, as they build and test prototypes. Set production test limits that account for both process capability and experiential goals. Review manufacturing process for proper controls and flow.
- Own product reliability for your transducer design. Set test methods and pass/fail criteria for our manufacturing partners. Drive root cause and corrective action processes to a successful close.
- Support product development against typical consumer electronics product development schedules.
- Document work product and findings in an ongoing fashion, for historical traceability.
- Educational background: BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, or Electrical Engineering.
- Transducer design experience: 5+ years of experience working on the design of audio transducer design.
- Computer-aided design experience: Experience with COMSOL or an equivalent finite element analysis design program, working on transducer motor design and/or suspension system design. Experience working with Matlab or equivalent for data analysis and processing. Experience working with common CAD drawing packages, such as Solidworks or equivalent.
- Experience using Audio Precision, Soundcheck, or similar electrical measurement systems.
- Project management experience: Excellent time management and interpersonal skills. Able to problem solve and troubleshoot as the need arises, in parallel with other design activities.
- Prior experience with manufacturing transducers in China.
- Material science expertise a plus.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org