Connecting Drop Labs EP 01 to PC or Mac
To connect EP 01 to your PC or Mac, see how to connect your device to a Headphone Splitter
Note: To enable a microphone, your PC or Mac will need a soundcard with a 3.5mm TRRS jack (this is what phones use for dual speaker and mic), or a USB external audio adapter with a 3.5mm TRRS jack.
If you have a PC with Windows, capable of dual audio, see the following steps to enable this feature (with no microphone).
If you are unsure if your PC has the ability, please contact your manufacturer.
- Connect EP 01 and headphones or speakers to your computer.
- Right-click on the Volume Mixer icon in the bottom right of the taskbar and select ‘Sounds’.
- Open the ‘Playback’ tab, right-click on EP 01 (it will be listed as a headset), and select the option ‘Set as Default Device’.
- On the ‘Recording’ tab, right-click on ‘Stereo Mix’, and select ‘Enable’.
- Right-click on ‘Stereo Mix’, and select ‘Properties’.
- On the ‘Listen’ tab, check the box next to ‘Listen to this device’, then select the headset from the drop-down, and click ‘Apply’.
Connect EP 01 to an optical DAC
- Plug DAC into power using the USB port
- Plug DAC into optical out port
- Plug splitter into DAC
- Plug low latency gaming cable into one end of the splitter
- Attach headphones into remaining port
- Tune the Optical DAC to max volume using the knob on the front of the device
Note: Cables must be of adequate length since it will be plugged straight onto the console.
USE CABLE CLIPS TO PREVENT TANGLING
Use the Cable Clips to prevent cords from tangling and moving around.
- Attach the cylindrical portion of the clip to the cable.
- Attach the clip to your clothing to keep it in place.
- Move and adjust as needed to secure cables and ensure freedom to move.